A client of mine recently had a serious problem with Facebook and reviews left by visitors to his business Facebook page, he was getting bombarded by his competitors who were leaving bad reviews that he felt were negatively impacting his business.
With Facebook there is now no way to hide the reviews tab or disable it completely using the "apps" section of the settings page, this in my opinion is a very stupid change implemented by Facebook, companies with pages should have the option to opt-in or opt-out of the reviews ability upon will, or alternatively there should be a much simpler process for reporting reviews and more focus on positive reviews vs negative.
I spent several hours trying out various methods to remove the reviews, however Facebook's update appears to be very recent and I could not find any instructions that still work, but then I figured out how to remove the reviews for good.
This method will completely "delete" the reviews section on your page!
- The first thing you need to do is open up your page whilst logged in as the administrator.
- Click "Page Info" if it is not selected already.
- Click "About" on your menu bar.
- Next to "Category" click "Edit" as shown below:
- Change the category of your page to "Brand & Products" > "Products/Services".
- Reviews are now completely gone from your Facebook page.
Please drop us a comment and let us know if this helped you 🙂